Canoe Summerlicious

After many years of missing out on Summerlicious for Canoe, I was finally able to reserve a table for four! I called 10 am right on the day the licious reservation line opened and was on hold for 30 minutes before I could make a reservation - it was definitely worth the wait.

As many of you know Canoe is said to be one of Toronto's best restaurants for the food and for the view of the city - which can be seen from the 52nd floor of the TD Centre. I've been lucky to dine at Canoe two times prior to Summerlicious - once in December for a company dinner and once during Winterlicious. Here is my review for the Summerlicious menu!

         
Right: Summerlicious Menu
Left: Me in Armani and Minkoff, him in Burberry

Our reservation was at 6:15pm and upon arrival we were seated immediately. What I love about Canoe is the atmosphere and ambiance that surrounds you when you enter the dining area, everyone is dressed so nicely, smiling, enjoying good food while being mesmerized by the views of the city, that feeling always renews itself whenever I go.

 

To drink I ordered a White Maple Sangria ($10) which was a mix of white wine, Brandy Maple and summer juices. I loved the chunks of fruit that were included - on a side note the Cosmopolitan at Canoe is wonderful, the bartender always garnishes with a few blueberries (I love fruits in my cocktail and he does just that!). Stephen ordered the Summer Splash ($12) which had Brugal Añejo Rum, Fresh Strawberry and Watermelon Lemonade. 

 
White Maple Sangria
 
To start I ordered the Chilled New Farms Cucumber Soup (w. Yarmouth Lobster, Dill & Hewitt's Buttermilk) while everyone else ordered the Slow Cooked Heritage Salmon (w. Watercress, Puffed Wild Rice and Kabosu Mayonnaise )
      
Left: New Farms Cucumber Soup
Right: Slow Cooked Heritage Salmon

The soup had a light cucumber flavor, with a stronger emphasis in the pieces of lobster included within. The croutons were of light flavor (I really don't like when croutons are a random flavor or too salty or big) and mixed in nicely with the soup. The salmon was extremely tender and the sauce complimented well. 

Following, we ordered the Wellington County Beef (w. Roasted Carrots, Steel Cut Oats, and Portobello Bacon Jus). 
Wellington County Beef

I cannot express how much I loved this dish. The beef was tender and the jus complimented perfectly. Following our entrée I ordered the Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse for dessert (w. Devil's Food Cake, CoCo Caramel and Vanilla Oil). 

 
Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse

I've always been a fan of Devil's Food Cake because the chocolate is rich, the other half of the cake was the mousse and together they both complimented each other. The mousse was not too spongy and the cake was not too sweet. The presentation of the dish included Nutella on the sides which tasted interesting in a purée form, I would love to eat Nutella purée! 

The bill came to $255 (excluding gratuity).

 
   
Canoe Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

Leave reply

Back to Top